From € 235,00
Tykocin. Small Synagogue. The so-called Talmudic House. Built in the eighteenth century, served as a house of prayer and religious school. Completely destroyed by Germans was rebuilt and refreshed only in 1977. Today it serves as a permanent exhibition of Jewish ceremonial art, art gallery and restaurant with Jewish and regional dishes.
Tykocin. Great Synagogue. Built in the seventeenth century on the site of an old wooden synagogue. In a vestibule of the synagogue held a court sessions and tower in the corner nerved as a prison for Jews. Devastated during the war the temple served as a warehouse. And even after the war, in modern times, there stored in fertilizers. Similar like the Little Synagogue, it was renovated in 1977 and is now the Museum of Jewish Culture.
Tykocin. Great Synagogue. Currently a museum and synagogue has a very rich exhibition of Judaica and other items associated with Jewish culture. In the main prayer hall are presented antique Torah scrolls covered with a crown, tallitot, books, tefillin, chanukiahs, menorahs or besamins. In the tower there is a room of rabbi and reconstruction of the Passover meal.
Treblinka. Samuel Willenberg. The last surviving member of rebellion in Treblinka extermination camp. In 1942 went to camp together with more than 6,000 inhabitants of the ghetto in Opatów. A fortuity helped him to save his life. At transport day he was wearing an apron stained with paint of his father and on advice of one of the prisoners, while the selection he pretended to be a bricklayer. On this day, only he escaped death. He worked among others in the warehouse for things belonging to the arriving Jews. Among sorted clothes he recognized the clothes his two sisters.
1. Transit Warsaw - Treblinka.
2. Treblinka extermination camp. Permanent exhibition at the museum. Gate of the camp. Stones defining boundaries of the camp. Railway platform - place of selection. Symbolic railway track. Monument in honor of the victims. Symbolic place of cremation.
3. Transit Treblinka - Tykocin.
4. Tykocin. Great Synagogue: Main Hall (XVII century), Room of Rabin, memorabilia of the Jews of Tykocin. Talmudic House: Old Pharmacy, interior of bourgeois home.
5. Transit Tykocin - Łopuchowo.
6. Łopuchowo forest. Grave and memorial to the murdered Jews of Tykocin.
7. Transit Tykocin - Warsaw.
Total Price (all tickets and fees included in the price):
The total duration of the tour: 9 hours.
Distance between Warsaw and Tykocin is 175 km / 109 miles.
Distance between Tykocin and Łopuchowo is 5 km / 3 miles.
Distance between Łopuchowo and Treblinka is 100 km / 62 miles.
Distance between Treblinka and Warsaw is 105 km / 65 miles.
Approximate driving time one way: 2 hours.
Time of Treblinka - Tykocin Tour may vary slightly due to the situation on the road or random events which are out of Organizer's control.